Bethesda (Pasir Ris) Kindergarten was established in 1997 as a service to the community of a young Pasir Ris estate and has since become a brand name that parents trust in the Pasir Ris area.
The curriculum underpinned by the Inquiry-based learning and Nurture Early Learners pedagogic principles, focuses on the holistic development of every individual child that the emphasis is not only on good literacy skills and knowledge, but also, on healthy physical, psycho-social and emotional growth. Our lesson emphasises child-initiative learning. Reflecting the curriculum are our respect for children’s natural style of learning and our conscious effort in recognising that every child is unique. Children’s uniqueness including but not limiting to their temperaments, upbringing, individual interests, learning styles and the associated strengths and weaknesses, to maximise their latent potentials for positive learning. The focus of our curriculum is therefore on its developmentally appropriateness and its interactivity with the individual child. The curriculum is designed and developed for use and is constantly evaluated for relevance and will be always fit for purpose to ensure that any child interacting with it, is motivated to learn.
To nurture children with Christian values and empower them to be life-long learners who will be respectful and caring towards the family and community.
To provide an excellent educational setting offering a high quality preschool programme for children between 2.5 and 6 years of age as part of Bethesda Pasir Ris Mission Church's community service to the residents of Pasir Ris, Tampines New Town and surrounding areas.
Our Core Values
- Show care, love and empathy towards others
- Practice acceptance and patience with humility
- Uphold honesty and fairness with compassion
- To develop good character traits arising from moral and Christian values.
- To continually engage children with stimulating experiences using pedagogy that are current and based on best practices.
- To rouse and sustain curiosity to explore in a warm and safe learning environment, and foster positive learning dispositions for life-long learning.
- To build a strong educational foundation to equip children for formal education and beyond.
Our teachers are selected based on their proper ECCE qualifications and through recommendations.
Besides having been trained and qualified to teach, our teachers undergo regular updates and training by the principal in various areas as a form of mandatory upgrade of their skills and craft.
"Teachers work with the image of the child as a spiritual being bearing gifts, and it is their tasks, alongside with the parents, to help the child unwrap these gifts as the child develops.” .... Rudolf Steiner